Takes 1 hour 10 minutes
A majestic roast dinner, sure to impress anyone you have around the dinner table. While the process of this is relatively straight forward, attaining the optimal internal temperature can be difficult, we recommend using a meat thermometer to ensure it is cooked to perfection.
A fabulous treat for a Mother's Day dinner or any other celebratory occasion, your guests will be delighted with such a glorious offering.
1. Take the lamb crown out of the fridge 2 hours before you want to cook to allow to come to room temperature.
2. Preheat your oven to 180C fan.
3. Brush the crown with 2 tbsp olive oil, ensuring it all has a good covering. Season generously with salt and pepper and wrap each exposed bone with a little foil, this will protect it from burning in the oven.
4. Place in the oven and roast for approx. 40 minutes or until the internal temperature is 53C for blushing pink cutlets. If you want it cooked a little more, take the internal temp to 60C. (please bear in mind, this is for a crown of lamb weighing approx. 1.2kg, if yours is any larger increase the roasting time by an extra 10 minutes, if it is any smaller, decrease by 8-10 minutes or until you reach the optimal internal temperature).
5. Remove from the oven, cover with foil and allow to rest for 30 minutes before carving. Serve with your favourite sides, this works wonderfully with a peppery rocket salad and creamy dauphinoise potatoes. Enjoy!
• 1.2kg crown of lamb (ask your butcher to prepare this for you)
• Olive oil
• Salt and pepper to taste
• Watercress or rocket for garnish (optional)